Eight Mile Lions Club

Notices of Interest


Mobile Community Action, Inc.

Request for Qualifications

Mobile Community Action, Inc. is seeking qualified contractors to perform weatherization meaures and services to homes in the Mobile,  Choctaw and Washington Counties for the DOE and LIWAP Weatherization Programs.                Contractors must provide the current proof of the documentations listed below:

  • Weatherization Training Certification
  • Certificate of Liability Insurance  Commercial General Liability Workers’ Compensation Liability
  • State of Alabama License
  • State of Alabama Certified Renovator Firm Status
  • RRP Lead Certificate
  • Home Builder License                         Mail documentation to Mobile Community Action, Inc. – Attn: Weatherization Department - 461 Donald Street, Mobile AL 36617 or email to lemanuel@mcamobile.org. The selected contractors will be notified by letter and place on the Weatherization Contractor Bidding List. Mobile Community Action, Inc. reserves the right to refuse/reject any/all contractors when it is in the best interest of the Agency and in accordance with the State of Alabama Bid Laws.   Women-owned, minority-owned, and small businesses are encouraged to apply.   Mobile Community Action, Inc. is a Non-Profit, Equal Employment Opportunity, and United Way Agency.

Mobile Community Action Seeks Architectural Services Proposals

(RFP MCA-04-22-01)

Mobile Community Action, Inc. is seeking proposals from qualified Architectural and Engineering Firms to provide professional design services, consultant, and project manager for a proposed construction project of a Head Start center to be located at 5837 and 5864 Three Notch Road in Mobile, Alabama. 

For more information on how to submit your proposal, please click here.

MCA Receives American Rescue Plan Funding for Utility and Rental Payment Assistance from the City of Mobile

Mobile Community Action has received funding from American Rescue Plan (ARP) courtesy of the City of Mobile.  This funding is designated to offer utility and rental assistance to quailfied citizens, residing within the City of Mobile. NOTE:  Mobile County residents, or residents residing outside of the city limits of Mobile are not eligible to apply.Eligible applicants must meet all Housing and Urban Development (HUD) income guidelines. Applications may be obtained by clicking one of the links below: American Rescue Plan 2022-23 Utility Assistance Application.   American Rescue Plan 2022-23 Rental Assistance Application  ARP Client Checklist

All applications for assistance from the City of Mobile's ARP funding must be submitted through the LITT Lite application. LITT Lite can be found in the Apple App Store for iPhone users and Google Play for Android users.  For information on how to upload the app to your device, please call Mr. Harry McGadney at 251-457-5700, x1146.

Mobile Community Action Board of Directors Meeting Schedule for 2023

January 17, 2023

March 21, 2023

May 16, 2023

July 18, 2023

September 19, 2023

November 21, 2023 - Annual Meeting


Bilingual Access To Website

To translate Mobile Community Action's  Inc website to a different language, click on the link below.  Type "mcamobile.org" in the box.  Go to the drop down menu, click the desired language and press "translate."             


Donate Today!

Your gifts of time, talent and financial resources can make a huge difference to an individual or family who needs help.  Please make a gift to MCA today. 

Donate Now!

Community Service

MCA Announces 2022-23 LIHEAP Heating Program 

Mobile Community Action Inc (MCA) will begin scheduling appointments Monday, November 28, 2022 for its  Low Income Home Energy Heating Program (LIHEAP). The Monday, November 28,2022 are for the month of December.LIHEAP is a federally funded program designed to assist low income families in Mobile and Washington counties with the payment of their heating bills.To receive help with the payment of your heating bill, all applicants must be income eligible. Heating bill must be in the name of the Head of the Household, or the spouse of the Head of the Household. To make an appointment individuals should call the agency's call center at (251)206-6117.   

MCA Announces Its May 2023

LIHEAP Program Schedule 

For Mobile County Only  

LIHEAP May Calendar

Applications can be submitted at the Head Start Center of your choice. To get a list of Head Start/Early Head Start Centers and obtain an application, you may visit your nearest Head Start Center or click here

To have an application processed for Head Start/Early Head Start, parent/legal guardian must provide the following information: 

1.  A valid picture identification of the primary adult;

2. The student's birth certificate;

3. The student's current immunization record.  A photocopy of the immunization record may be submitted, if the child is currently enrolled in another program; and

4.  Proof of income for the student's family (i. e. A photocopy of your most recent income tax form (1st page), a W-2 form, a photocopy of your most recent pay stubs for the past 30 days, or state-issued documentation reflecting the parent's current status as a recipient of TANF, SSI, SNAP or Foster Care, etc.). 

For Head Start's Income Guidelines for 2023-2024, click here.

To apply online, click here. You will also need these two additonal forms as a part of your online application, the Family Residency Questionnaire, Health Assessment and Nutrition forms and the Online Application Addendum, click here to obtain these forms.